What is Project LED? Find out here
I’m something of a photographer too! Check out my work here.
Day of September 8th 2014
- The top three finishers in a Formula One race are each handed a bottle of champagne to spray on one another and the nearby crowd. By contrast, the top finisher of the Indianapolis 500 is given milk.
- There are what appear to be goats at Queens College (near Queens Hall).
- Sweden has incinerators all over the country which and use the resulting fumes/steam to power turbines which generate electricity.
- TV anchorperson & journalist Bob Woodruff was critically injured by a roadside bomb while he was reporting in Iraq. He was not expected to survive, and needed major surgeries for which he was kept in a medically induced coma for 36 days.
- Gambia’s “President” (leader) is named Yahya Jammeh. His views on homosexuality are extreme, and he has ratified a bill which will punish participants of “aggravated homosexuality” with life imprisonment. Homosexual acts already carried a 14 year sentence in Gambia prior to this.
- This information was on a newsfeed I follow.
- I walked by the mini farm and “goat barn” with a friend on my first visit to the far West side of QC’s campus.
- I came across this article on Facebook.
- I saw Bob Woodruff on TV today; he was reporting from London. My mom brought up his miraculous recovery in conversation later on in the evening.
- I had read a different article on the same issue, but this one outlines the situation well enough.